Your Kansas City Real Estate Partners
We have the expertise, experience and work ethic needed to help make your real estate experience better! Here is a little bit about us and our real estate stories.
Erika graduated from Penn State University in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science in Health Policy Administration with a minor in Business Administration. In 2000, she graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City with a Master’s in Business Administration.
Erika worked as a Manager in the Health System Contracting department at the University of Kansas Medical Center until 2003 when she got her real estate license and began selling real estate full time. In 2005, she received the Newcomer of the year award from Prudential Kansas City. In 2007, she was awarded the Prudential Honor Society Award which placed her in the top 15% of Prudential realtors nationwide.
Although Erika was not born and raised in Kansas City, over the last 20 years, Kansas City has become her home. She is very active in the community with Big Brother’s Big Sister of Kansas City, the Encompass Program, the Junior League of Kansas City, MO, The Brookside Waldo Rotary Club and the FBI Citizen’s Academy. Erika is married to Jack and lives in the Brookside area.
Buffy graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Notre Dame in 1997 with a double major in Government/International Relations and Psychology.
Buffy worked for 6 years at Accenture in the Chicago office. At Accenture, Buffy worked as a Process Consultant and Manager in the Financial Services industry. In 2003, Buffy got her real estate license in Kansas City and has worked in Residential Real Estate in the Kansas City area market ever since.
Buffy is married to Matt and they have 3 children and live in the midtown area. Buffy grew up in Kansas City and feels lucky to raise her family in the area, also. She volunteers much of her free time to help at Visitation School where her children attend. Buffy is also on the Board of the FIRE Foundation. Buffy’s hobbies include the KC Royals, Notre Dame Football, and travelling with her family.
In 2018, Ashley Dwight joined the team as both a team administrator and an independent agent. Ashley joined the team after helping from home for several years prior to that. Ashley lives in Leawood KS with her husband Bryan and 5 children. She played tennis at Illinois State University before making Kansas City her home.
The Kauffman Group
In 2008, Erika and Buffy decided to form a partnership after learning that in this fast paced business, two minds were better than one. They formed The Kauffman Group at Prudential Kansas City Realty. Erika and Buffy are each licensed in both Kansas and Missouri.
- In 2008, The Kauffman Group was awarded the Leading Edge Society award which placed them in the top 7% of Prudential realtors nationwide.
- In 2013, the Kauffman Group won the Silver Award from Better Homes and Gardens nationally. This award represents the top 15% of BHG teams nationwide.
- In 2014, the Kauffman Group was the #1 team in units for Better Homes and Gardens in Kansas City (206 homes sold), and the #2 team in volume (over $40M in sales) and also named the #2 Realtor Team in North America for Better
- In 2015, they were the #2 team company-wide in Volume.
- In 2016 and 2017, they finished #3 and #2 in units respectively.
- In 2018, The Kauffman Group again finished in the top 10 in Volume and Units sold.